James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

Timed Task

| Tuesday 5 February 2008

9 o'clock brought with it the first of the timed tasks. The objective was to provide a typographical solution for the design of a small tube of paint. With the practice timed task not going very well I was determined to do better.

My major downfall last time was time planning and this is something I feel I have made a massive improvement on and this helped me to finish before the deadline. The design of the paint tube didn't allow for much creativity but it really helped me to improve my typographic skills.

After gaining feedback on the first version of my website I have a number of changes to make ready for the usability testing the week after half term. I am pleased with my progress of the assignment and hopefully the new version of the website should be up by the end of the week.

The usability questionnaire is my main objective at the moment and this is essential so that I can gain effective feedback. This feedback will enable me to make any necessary changes to the website.

This week and over the half term I am going to spend a large amount of time learning and preparing for my presentation. Presentations have never been my strong point but I am confident that with enough practice it will run smoothly.

My targets for this week are:

  • Finish my handout for the A6 assignment
  • Make the required changes to my website and upload the new one
  • Complete my usability questionnaire
  • Practice, practice ,practice my presentation

2 comments:

Liam Corfield said...

I have to agree with you on the time planning last time, i was one of those who didnt manage to hand it in, this time everyone handed in 5 mins early, it goes to show that we all work better when put under presure

Rebecca Bradley said...

I think that its a good idea to get feed back for our sites as they may be some errors that we havent picked up on yet.