James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

Time Management and Pagemaker

| Tuesday 9 October 2007

Over the last two days I have started to see how my finished assignment will look and for the first time I really feel like I will be ready to hand it in on Tuesday. I have finished my draft copy of the assignment and with the help of seminar groups I know now what I need to change for the final draft.

For a large amount of this week I have been using Pagemaker again and I found it very useful until I began lining up my references for my assignment. I found this very frustrating as every time I changed one word of the assignment I had numerous references to re-align.

Using Pagemaker I have also finished my website plan this week and I will be putting the final version on here soon.

This week especially I feel I have really progressed with time management and the use of the time sheets. Although I have been using them from the start of the assignment I am now trying to plan more thoroughly and in smaller chunks. This is helping me have clearer and more precise goals to aim for in a specified time frame which can only be a good thing.

The main area of the assignment that I need to compete is the evaluation and this is going to be my main target for self study this week. I hope to have this finished for Monday so that I spend Monday re-checking all of my work and making any changes.


My targets for this week are:
  1. Complete evaluation
  2. Make required changes to assignment
  3. Check spelling, grammar and punctuation
  4. Ensure that I am ready to hand in assignment on Tuesday

2 comments:

Suzanne Hullah said...

I'm also starting to use the time sheets more productively. Like yourself, I have been using them since the first week I started, but I found the planning of tasks hard.

Rebecca Bradley said...

Yes its a good idea to take time to go over your work. Ive found this really useful as ive found that I could make changers to my work to make it more better.