James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

Deadline

| Tuesday 16 October 2007

My first assignment on this course has been handed in and now the worrying can be begin!! Will I pass or will I fail the answer lies in the hands of the Steve.

This week has been a lot more relaxed as thought it would be and before handing the assignment in I felt quite relaxed I just hope I wasn't too relaxed and have silly little mistakes that will affect me passing the assignment.

Although I feel nervous about what result I will get on the assignment and what mistakes I have made. Hopefully I will pass the assignment and then this will help me progress more confidently in the next assignments as I will have a greater understanding of how Steve mark the assignments.

The last seven, or so, weeks have gone very quickly and I almost feels weird to writing this blog entry so quickly into my first year of the course. The first assignment of this course has probably the most difficult assignment I have done and this is mainly due to the accuracy and the depth of information required.

As well as finishing the assignment I now feel more confident of how the whole submission process works and this has helped me be relaxed about the future assignments.

After my fears handing, and removing the pressure, of the assignment and returning to the afternoon lecture Steve hit us with the dreaded P word. Presentations. If I am honest I really don’t like giving presentations and it is something I really don’t enjoy but I feel that the more experience I gain giving presentations the better I will get.

I also feel that watching other people presenting is really useful because I can pick up on things that they do well and this shows me how I can improve my presentation skills. I realise that over the next two years and over the rest of my professional career I may/will have to give a lot of presentations about a range of different subjects and this is something that I will have get used to doing.

My targets for next week are:

  • To relax and enjoy the holiday
  • To read the assignments A3 and A4
  • Prepare questions about the assignment
  • Collect inspirational design work to put in sketchbook

5 comments:

Liam Corfield said...

I agree with you there, the first assignment is probubly the hardest, mainly beacause now, we know that to expect, and what is expected of us.

Thomas Wealthy said...

I certainly think over coming presentations are a big thing in this industry. Although we aren’t used to giving a lot of presentations. We need to learn how to give them in a professional manner.

John Browne said...

Personally I dont see this assignment as a worry. Ill be just as happt, pass or fail. Failing something is part of the way we learn and it is this that helps us figure out where we went wrong and what we can do to improve.

As Steve has said several times. If we knew it all, we should be working in the industry allready...

John Browne said...

2nd line, "happt" is supposed to be happy. Sorry!!!

Tom Smith said...

I understand what you're saying about this assignment making you more confident for future assignments. I feel the same. How we do on this will show us what we need to do for the future work. This is new for us all, and I for one feel that I've got no clue how well I've done!