James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

Wake Up Call !!!

| Tuesday 11 September 2007

Just two days of college a week sounds great, it is great but the early mornings aren't!!!

This week I received the first assignment for the course and was finally able to see the level of work that would be required for each assignment. Having seen the assignment some of my fears have been eased after a week of wondering and waiting. After going through the assignment with Steve in the lecture on Monday and taking part in the seminar groups today I now have a clearer view of how things work and what is expected.

At the start of the week I was a little bit shocked with the amount of notation that was required to be taken and how quickly my sketchbook was filling up, will it last the year???? or the even the first assignment ????

Research was another area of the week that took me by surprise as previous research I have done had only taken me half and hour to an hour, depending on how interesting the lesson was. This isn't the case on this course as research is an essential aspect of the course and I now realize the importance of research and once again take notes.

Self study has also been highlighted as a major area of the course and the use of my sketchbook as a scrapbook so that I can collect and analysis design work that inspire. I believe that this is a great idea and it will help me to improve my design and also see what i may be able to achieve in the future.

The main area I would improve on is my time management as after filling out my weekly time sheet I feel that I underestimated the amount of time many of the tasks would take me to complete. By next I hope to have completed my target audience profile so that I move on the the next area of the assignment in keeping with my production schedule.

1 comments:

Craig Allington said...

It is highly unlikely your sketchbook will last the year so make sure you keep at least one spare at home at all times.

Last year many of the class finished their sketchbooks (or came close to finishing them) and tried to find a new one only to find there were none around to buy (unless you spend 10x as much)

If you keep a spare one or two at home you know you always have one for when you finish your current one, and if you see any on sale cheap buy a couple, even if they're not used this year they will be next.