James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

PageMaker and Accessibility

| Tuesday 25 September 2007

A large part of the focus of this week was looking at accessibility and the accessibility standards. After researching the guidelines I found them very interesting but sometimes a little bit difficult to understand or interpret.

After reading the guidelines and receiving an e-lecture from Steve I applied guidelines 1.1, 2.2, 4.2, 12.3 and 14.1 to my online learning journal. I also made other changes such as the template, the header and the title of my blog to make it professional and assessable.

The next major focus on the course this week was learning to use Adobe® PageMaker® and I felt that was very useful. We preformed a small exercise to create an article style piece based on Nikki Iles.

During this exercise I felt that I learnt a lot about how to construct designs and how professional pieces of work are created. I also feel that it will be useful to learn Adobe® PageMaker® first and then move on to learn Adobe® InDesgin® as I will enable me to already have a good knowledge of DTP (Desktop Publishing) software and this should make the transition smoother.

1 comments:

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi James,

Its good to see more people using the hyperlinks to great effect.

This entry was very easy to follow and well written.

Its easy (as shown in my journal) to babble on a little bit.