James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

Work rest and play but don't lose away

| Tuesday 18 September 2007

First thing Monday morning Steve gave us a lecture on all the information we would need to complete the delivery requirements and he especially focused on web hosting. This helped me gain a better understanding of what all the technological terminology and what it means. It also helped me to understand what I to look for when picking a web host based on the individual needs of the website.

The lecture in the morning really helped me as I went over some of the stuff we had last week and it helped to refresh my memory. After the lecture I decided to crack on with the work and try and get a large portion of the delivery requirements done especially researching web hosts so that I could spend most of my time on Tuesday completing the rest of the delivery requirements.

Nice idea in principal but due to the restrictions placed on the college internet I was unable to do most of the research on web hosts. This turned out to be good news as I now had an extra day to research for my delivery requirements.

Tuesday morning came even quicker after the defeat of Newcastle United to Derby. As a Newcastle fan I should be used to disappointment but this was on a scale I wasn't prepared for. This gave Steve a golden opportunity for a Sunderland fan and the friendly banter gave him much delight. I will have my revenge eventually!!!

After completing the majority of the delivery requirements it was time for seminar groups which enabled me to ask plenty of questions about the assignment and discuss the assignment but it was mainly my objective to deflect Steve away from his sly comments about Newcastle's failing.

Improvements I would make this week are that I need to try and gather more inspirational work for my sketchbook as I know this will help me be more creative in the future.

My targets for next week are that I want to have completed the delivery requirements and to complete the competitive analysis part of the assignment. This will allow me to focus on my screen designs next week.

0 comments: