James Bell | HND Interactive Media | Online Learning Journal Year 2

The deadline approaches...

| Tuesday 6 May 2008

With this week being a 'reading week' and the last proper week before submission I have been trying to get as much done as possible to ensure that I was ready for next week's submission.

After making the required changes to my style I then needed to complete the outer and inner covers of my CD artwork. The outer cover was almost complete and only a few amendments were required.

With the outer design completed I moved on the inner part of the CD body. With the large amount of text that is required on the inner cover I knew that the key to the design would be the control of this text and it's placement. With this in mind I have created the design with varies typefaces at different point sizes and this will also be usual as evidence for my sketchbook.

I will be posting all three pieces of the CD artwork once the CD body is complete sometime this week. I have also started to create some initial sketches for the wire advert this week and I will be posting some final versions along with the CD artwork.

My goals for next week are:

  • Complete CD artwork inner
  • Complete the wire advert
  • Create Merit/Distinction sheet
  • Prepare everything for seminar group on Monday and final checks

3 comments:

Rebecca Bradley said...

I also think its a good idea to look at different typefaces. Because some of the fonts look better smaller or bigger so its a good idea to come up with one that works well with your Cd case design.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi Gary,

The week before submission is alway a busy time and can prove very to be quite stressful, even if you know you are on target.

This is the time where I generally start to 'nit pick' and end up causing more problems that I solve!

The merit and distinction list is ever more important for our seminar group as since we are the only group to do the higher level work it would be a shame if we only get a pass after all the extra work we have had to do.

Shaun Bellis

John Browne said...

All I can say is great work James. The wire add seems to be coming on realy well. I do some what feel a little dissapointed that I didn't take the second option of assignments as the whole design process seems to be mentally rewarding.

Keep me informed on other work and I will be sure to add any contribution that may help towards the success of this assignment.